Your air conditioner puts up with a lot throughout the year, and eventually, it needs a helping hand. But when you see “air conditioning service” in search results, you rarely get a definition of exactly what that blanket term includes. Today, we’re going to explain it. When you get air conditioning service in Tampa, it refers to any or all of these services.
Replacing Parts as They’re About to Fail
If your air conditioner breaks down, multiple components can be impacted, which drives up the cost of repair. With an AC inspection, a technician can spot parts that appear to be at the end of their life cycle.
By replacing these before they fail, you prevent a system breakdown and the many problems that follow one. Without a maintenance schedule or regular air conditioning service, you’re operating your air conditioner blind.
Annual Preventative Maintenance
If you have an HVAC technician come into your home once per year and attend to your AC, that’s preventative maintenance. During maintenance, technicians inspect your AC and perform some of the following duties:
- Inspect refrigerant lines
- Test unit power consumption (to spot electrical problems)
- Lubricate moving parts
- Clean condenser coil
- Flush condensate drain line
- Check belts and moving parts for extensive wear and tear
And more. Depending on what type of air conditioner you have (central AC will require slightly different maintenance than ductless mini splits, for example), your specific maintenance needs may look a little different.
Your air conditioner can run into a few safety-related issues that you should never try to DIY. This is where professional AC services come into play. Some of these safety concerns are:
- Refrigerant Leaks: Refrigerant is toxic and potentially lethal if ingested or breathed in. While refrigerant leaks rarely spill into your home, they can still work their way through your system and pose a health risk to you and your family.
- Electrical Fires: There’s a fair bit of wiring in your air conditioner. As wiring ages, it can overheat and melt the plastic or rubber casing around the wires, and lead to a small fire. While uncommon, it’s an issue you never want to pop up.
- Air Quality Concerns: The air you breathe is important, and when your air conditioner isn’t filtering out dust and debris as it operates, it lowers your indoor air quality.
Some homeowners run their air conditioner without maintenance or safety checks for years, but that doesn’t make it a good idea to follow suit. You should always be on top of your air conditioner’s safety and operation.
Get AC Service in Tampa Now
Now that you know what air conditioning service refers to, we’re willing to bet that something stood out to you. If you’re late on getting AC repairs or your maintenance schedule hasn’t been set up yet, now’s the time to get ahead of the curve and schedule the right AC services.
Contact The A/C Guy of Tampa Bay, Inc. today to schedule your air conditioning service as soon as possible and reclaim your comfort.